Monday, May 13, 2013



We have received our first "Tell Us Your Story" submission.


TELL US YOUR STORY #1:

 It was junior high school. The beginning of the day. The beginning of every day. There's a muscle on the thigh, that when kneed just right, causes a Charlie-horse. Well, there was this one kid, he wasn't cool; he wasn't a jock; he wasn't a ""dirt bag"" either, but other kids liked him and thought he was funny. I guess he was the ""evil"" class clown. Every day as I walked to my locker he would walk beside me trying to knee me in the thigh to give me a Charlie-horse. I was the chubby kid. The boy with man boobs. The kid that was easy to pick on. I didn't fight back. I didn't know how to fight back. I let it happen.

Occasionally he was joined by another boy; a jock, someone that wanted to be cool, someone that needed to prove that he could do this to someone or that he was better than someone. I was never really sure which it was for either of them. I don't remember any fights or altercations. I don't even remember talking to them before this happened. Maybe they didn't like my face.

I didn't ask for help. The teachers would line up in the hallway before first period. The ones that stood beside their classrooms as I walked to my locker didn't say or do anything - not one of them. I remember strange looks. I remember them turning their heads in the other directions.

You would think that one of them would pull one of us aside to say something. Anything. "Punch him, I won't say anything." "Beat him up and I'll turn the other way." Or even, "Hey, stop doing that to his leg." Nothing was said. Nothing was done.

I've always found that interesting; sad, but still interesting.

It ended when we moved up to high school. The same way I'm not sure why it started, I don't remember why it stopped.

I often wonder if this daily incident affected me. As I write this, I wonder if it affected him. Did he feel stronger, better, smarter? Does he look back and say, "I shouldn't have done that to him"?

I wonder...

Anonymous, May 13, 2013
 _____________________________

If you would like to respond to "Anonymous," give feedback or support, please do. We'll post your comments for their review. 

SUPERCREW Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment